For the filling
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 2 cans black beans lightly rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup or so onions, peppers chopped
- 3 small pkgs Goya Seasoning seasoning packets... the orange ones yum
- 1 small can Red Enchilada sauce I like Chi-chis!
for the topping
- 2 boxes jiffy corn muffin mix the cute tiny ones
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can yellow corn reserve 1/2 cup of the water and use in the mixture
- 1 7 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 pkg shredded cheese cheddar, jack... whatever is in the drawer
Servings: 6 people
- Heat your oven to 425 In a cast iron skillet brown the meat with the onions, garlic and seasoning, when almost cooked add the beans and the enchilada sauce and let that cook through and reduce a tad.
- While the meat is hanging out, mix the muffins according to the package directions but add a little of that corn water, the corn and the yogurt to the mixture.
- Put the meat mixture in a 9x13 pan and top with the corn muffin mixture and sprinkle a little shredded chess on top and put into the oven. It's done when it is browned up nicely...
Serve this with a salad and you have a great little dinner for your family. I would think that leftovers will be amazing, but there never is any left... so... your mileage may vary.